Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Microsoft to retire the "Continue on PC" feature and apps next month.How to Set Up Continue on PC in Windows 10 | Laptop Mag

Microsoft to retire the "Continue on PC" feature and apps next month.How to Set Up Continue on PC in Windows 10 | Laptop Mag

Looking for:

Continue on pc windows 10 













































     


- Continue on pc windows 10



 

I have it turned on - on both my Surface and Lumia Fast Ring I'm browsing pages on my phone, then power up the Surface Is there a trick or manual to actually "using" this feature? I can't find any such option in Cortana?

Is this a yet another regional dependent option? Cortana note book: pick up were your left off. One thing I truly miss from W8. They killed it on W10 and never revived it. No, it doesnt work on W10M. It has never offered to pick up anything from my phone on my PC, that has only ever happened between two PC's. Didn't they say specifically that this would be coming to windows phone when the demoed Graph a few months ago?

I swear I recall Joe B. Stating that. Cant trust anything Microsoft says when it comes to W10M. I thought this was built in for Windows devices; only needed if you have an IPhone, etc. Hey Nutella, how about we don't need your products at all? You don't see the need to be the third player in the mobile field? I don't see the need why you have a second gaming platform, another cloud offering, office tools, outlook, god knows how worthless your position is in music and movie streaming, and so on All your products All competitors have them too.

You are a big liar. False promises, big lies at keynotes and in interviews. Stop making lame excuses. Your latest big excuse for the lack of Edge extensions is the biggest joke of all. And i am pretty sure I am not alone in this. Lumia was made for fans? I remember those words Maybe not how I would have worded it, but unfortunatly your sentiments are being felt by a lot of us at the moment. Any idea whether it will work on W10M? And it made me very sad.

Shame on you, MSFT! Man this is bad from Microsoft This should already be working on W10M and they don't even want to do it Can't wait until we get real Windows on phone Will they allow continue browsing between Windows 10 PCs? Like I need to leave home and would transfer my browsing onto my Windows 10 ablet? Just use Chrome. We have been able to do that for years. Chrome can't be installed on Windows phones, so it doesn't make sense to suggest that as an answer to the previous poster's question.

His answer is not wrong if he specifically answers the question from my last paragraph where I asked about continuing to browse between Windows PCs, tablets run the real Windows 10, not the mobile one.

But personally I don't like Chrome, it's ugly looking and it's missing my most important feature: to have the option to automatically switch to a new tab when I do right-click open in new tab.

The only two browsers I know that allow that are IE and Firefox. Windows phone is dead. If you care about functionality, that is the wrong platform. I'm not usually going to join the "but what about Windows 10 Mobile?

I get prioritizing platforms with more users for some features like the latest Office apps. But how hard would it be to add this share target to an OS which they control? They shouldn't even need a separate app to do it on W10M - the Microsoft account linking is already there. Some of us use W10M because we bought in to the One Windows vision, imagining stuff like easily picking up where you left off between devices. I tried that and it says my phone number is invalid Do you have to log into your Microsoft account every time you want to send something?

If so, it seems like i could probably just email a link to myself faster You only need to login the first time. Recently, Microsoft started rolling out the tab sharing feature to all Edge Stable users. If you are not familiar with that feature, be sure to check out our dedicated guide that shows how to send a tab to another device in Microsoft Edge.

The only downside to the new tab sharing capabilities in Edge is that sharing works in Microsoft Edge only. By integrating into the device's share menu, Continue on PC allowed users to send links from any browser on mobile devices. Still, it was a somewhat clunky experience that required pairing a phone with a computer, and poor reviews in the App Store and Google Play Store only prove that statement.

In Microsoft Edge, sharing tabs across devices works much better, simpler, and more reliable. Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:. If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support! Taras is here to cover stories about Microsoft and everything around, although sometimes he prefers Apple.

You can stay in touch with him on Twitter. View all posts by Taras Buria. Your email address will not be published. Skip to content Advertisement. Support us Winaero greatly relies on your support. Author: Taras Buria Taras is here to cover stories about Microsoft and everything around, although sometimes he prefers Apple. Leave a Reply Cancel reply Your email address will not be published. Next Next post: Windows 11 will be able to run Android apps. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits.

Read More Do not sell my personal information. Close Privacy Overview This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Autodesk autocad 2017 tutorial pdf free. Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 and Inventor 2017 Tutorial

Autodesk autocad 2017 tutorial pdf free. Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 and Inventor 2017 Tutorial Looking for: - Autodesk autocad 2017 tutorial ...